June 3, 2010

Textiles Research

Today was entirely was spent slaving over the textile lab stove top. Experimenting and dying up samples of the African inspired textiles I am incorporating into my final year collection. I intended to experiment with a few techniques but instead spent the whole day on stripes, which lead to me to question whether i should just use variations of the stripe technique in my collection. It would certainly unify the collection, and there is so much variation within this single technique I feel i would really be able to explore it fully if i concentrated on it alone.





The Process....

Iron the fabric into pleats
Clamp a piece of wood either side, leaving one edge exposed, place in dye bath...
Un-clamp...
Re-clamp, thi time leaving the other edged exposed, and put in dye bath..
Open out, rinse, and iron flat.



No comments:

Post a Comment